Friday 19 October 2012

A Little Drink Post.

I gather Mitt Romney has been making jokes today – something along the lines of preparing for where he is now by going sixty five years without drinking alcohol. Isn’t that a bit dangerous? I thought the cliché was that Americans vote for the man they’d most like to have a drink with.

‘Are you a bourbon man or a scotch man, Mitt?’

‘Root beer.’

And on the subject of drink, I just noticed that the village pub has artificial cobwebs stretched across the window of the lounge bar. It has big plastic spiders sitting on it. Very tasteful.

I expect they’re gearing up for Hallowe’en. Or maybe I was hallucinating (I did see the shadow of a giant cobweb on my bedroom wall when I was a little boy.) Or maybe the cobwebs and spiders were real…

No comments: