Tuesday 9 October 2012

A Little Perambulation.

It’s been a mild and mostly sunny day today, so I took an extended walk around The Shire looking for autumnal photographs to post on the blog. There weren’t any; the local landscape still has a September look about it – mostly green with just a splash or two of colour here and there. Maybe it will turn over the next week or so, but you can never predict a British autumn. Some are colourful, but others simply degenerate into a rather shabby vista of straw, black and brown.

Ange came past in her pick up truck, though, and stopped for a chat. Remember Ange and Sam – the sheep farmers? She gave me some more gen on how sheep farming works, and also told me of the special rapport she has with one of her horses.

And I met some new young lady cows in a field off Church Lane. I got licked.

5 comments:

andrea kiss said...

I've heard fall foilage will be late this year. May be the same for you peeps there as well.

"I've heard" may have just read it on your blog here, haha. Did you post something about that?

JJ said...

Don't remember, but I've heard that too, and said as much to several people.

andrea kiss said...

Never been licked by a cow.

Ever heard of anyone calling a bit of hair that naturally sticks up a cow lick? I heard that a lot growing up. My hair has a natural little wave above my forehead and when i was a kid and had bangs my cowlick often was commented on.

andrea kiss said...

was often...

JJ said...

Their tongues are slimy and don't smell too good. Not very nice.

Yes, we have the same expression, and I've always been prone to having an intermittent one. Still have, in spite of the scarcity of working follicles. Maybe it's intermittent because I only have Scorpio rising.