Tuesday 20 March 2012

Having a Day Off.

Yesterday was one of those difficult days characterised by a continuous succession of frustrations, irritations, delays, minor misfortunes, precious people being absent, and things breaking. It started with the first phone call in the morning and continued until bed time. Can you believe this: the last thing I do before going to bed is clean my teeth. In the process of so doing, the broken molar that has been repaired twice broke again. While I’m cleaning my teeth?!  That has to be Lady Fate taking the piss, doesn’t it?

Such days happen, I know, but that’s why I wasn’t regaling cyberspace with outcries and asides yesterday. I wasn’t in the mood. Still aren’t, really, but a chap can only stay silent for so long.

5 comments:

Bree T Donovan said...

Ugh! This just made me so sad, or rather, empathetic. I know those kinda days so well.

A woman who looks like snow white, (she really does!) lives below me and her little beagle, Bella. Well, the person on the 3rd floor had a flood and ruined Snow White's newly done bathroom and bedroom the night before Thanksgiving. Then, S.W got a concussion from her car door, followed by a stack of glass plates falling from a cabinet and shattering all over her kitchen floor.

Her face said it all when I saw her outside with Bella. Sometimes, ya just gotta say, "S**t!" and give a hug.

I'd give ya a hug, but I'm locked in the closet! ;-)

Good luck with da toothy.

JJ said...

Yeah, it's all in the stars, I think. I knew somebody once who used to have incredible runs of bad fortune as a regular habit. Fortunately, he was a laid back sort who laughed a lot.

I think I might leave the tooth as it is. It isn't given me a lot of trouble, it's just a bit sharp to the tongue. So as long as I don't meet any French women, I should be OK.

Do the beagle's get on?

JJ said...

There's no possessive apostrophe in the plural of beagle!!!

Bree T Donovan said...

What are you so mad at? You spaz! Big deal, "beagle's. You're entitled!

They get along too well! We call them, "Romeo and Juliet." We take them for walk together a few times a week. They kiss each other, and Bella sticks her whole snout in Misha's ear and then runs. We call it a "dive by snouting" That's not a word either!!!!!

I'll send ya some pics when I get them from Snow White.

:-)

JJ said...

You might be advised to take a water pistol along.