Saturday 17 March 2012

Bloody Google!

I’m agitated.

Again?

Yes, again. Go away.

I’ve just spent ages re-setting things that had gone haywire in my blog. I don’t know whether it was Google who screwed up or my computer, but since nothing else seems to have got itself out of kilter, I’m assuming it was Google. One of the most irritating problems stemmed from joining the forum group so I could ask a question (you didn’t used to have to join anything to ask a question, but that’s Google for you these days.) The problem was that I inadvertently ticked the wrong e-mail option, and ended up having my Googlemail inbox inundated with every single post to every single bloody discussion topic! They were coming in at the rate of about thirty an hour. Ms Pixie Pomfret Cake from San Remo, for example, was having trouble with her followers. Well, with a name like that, you would, wouldn’t you? Actually, I’m having trouble with my followers, too. By default, as it were. They’ve disappeared.

Never mind. The wrong settings have now been re-set and everything seems to be working again (except the missing followers, which is definitely Google’s fault – they’ve admitted it.)

So I’m agitated. Google seems to be cracking up and I’m one of its many victims. I came to within a whisker of changing to Wordpress tonight, but cooled off once I’d got things sorted. One day, perhaps.

Grrr and goodnight.

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Hmm I understand, being a double agent myself, I'm running both Wordpress and blogger. Greedy girl!

JJ said...

I'd probably do that, too, if I weren't so lazy.