Sunday 11 March 2012

More Rambles.

Sarah kept me up late last night.

Did he say Sarah kept him up late last night?

I do believe he did.

Heavens! Do you think he’s going a bit...er...strange?

Going? Has he ever been anything less than a bit...er...strange?

These alter-egos, you know. They will insist on chattering when I’m trying to be sensible. So anyway, yes, Sarah kept me up late last night. I mean, what the devil was she doing sending me an e-mail at eight minutes past one in the morning? Aren’t Dorothys (Dorothies?) and Dodos supposed to be spinning around the skies above Kansas at that time of night? I have to say, though, it was gratifying – nay, edifying even – to be communicated with by M’Lady S post the passing of the moon over the yard arm. I don’t know why she didn’t just shout across the field:

‘Oy, ya piece of wrinkled old leather.’

‘What?’

‘Are you sober?’

‘Of course not. Why?’

‘I want to communicate with you.’

‘Bog off, ya tart.’

(Maybe I should point out that this is not quite typical of the occasional conversation that passes between the good Lady and my bad self. I’m kidding. Just in case anybody’s wondering...)

Anyway, what with that and a few other bits of correspondence, I didn’t get to bed until 3.30am. Still woke up at 9, though. 5½ bloody hours!

*  *  *

I think I’m becoming addicted to the smell of Tiger Balm. I keep doing the obsessive finger-sniffing thing, so I just had a packet of cheese and onion crisps to attempt a remedy. Now my fingers smell of Tiger Balm, cheese, onion and salt. Yum. Want a sniff?

No comments: