Thursday 15 March 2012

Adrift at 1.15am.

My internet went down at 1.15 this morning, which isn’t a good time for my internet to go down. 1.15am is when the internet becomes the umbilical cord keeping me attached to the material world. To suggest another analogy, it’s the security wire that keeps me tethered to the spaceship while I’m out in the coldness of space looking back. Life can be lonely at 1.15am, and having the security wire break is a little bothersome. I went to bed earlier than usual with a nagging sense that there was something important missing.

All of which is just something else to observe on the little journey of life. Do you know, I’ve only had broadband for just over two years. Before that I used the internet for little other than e-mail, since dial-up connections are very expensive. Before that, I didn’t even know how the internet worked, and before that – for the majority of my life, in fact – there was no internet.

How life does move on, always providing something new to cock your head at and say ‘gosh, isn’t that interesting?’

No comments: