Saturday 17 March 2012

Them Handsome Irishmen.

Since it's still just about St Paddy's Day, I thought I'd post a picture of dear old Shane (as somebody who uploaded a song to YouTube billed him: 'Shane McGowan and the Popes.' Er...) I'm sure he won't mind.


I only discovered tonight that he it was who wrote the song Aisling:

Fare thee well me black haired diamond
Fare thee well me own Aisling

I've decided that can be Melanie's song.

Dark by name and hair and nature
A truly, dearly, darkly crayture.

That was my heavily contrived attempt at doing an Irish accent in writing! (And finding something to rhyme with 'nature.') Sorry Mel. It's the thought that counts.

It is the thought that counts, isn't it?

4 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Cracking picture of Mr McGowan!
Aah, if only my hair were inky black!
Thanks Jeff ;)

JJ said...

It seems he's had dental work. He looked remarkably ordinary in one picture I came across. It appears that mid-life crises get to even the most stalwart of overgrown leprachauns.

Anthropomorphica said...

What a shame, he donned the wart hog look splendidly!

JJ said...

Maybe he got tired of being chased by people trying to shoot tranquiliser darts at him.