Wednesday 21 March 2012

Seeing the Grail.

Today I had to shift my consciousness back into that world from which I would prefer to stand one step removed: the world of mortal man, the world without magic or imagination, the world between the tram lines. There were financial matters to be dealt with, procedures to re-arrange, phone calls to make and take, and preliminary spring gardening work to do.

Shifting back isn’t coming easily, which is a shame because I seem to be in at least partial respite from the fatigue problem at the moment. I’m up and raring to make a whizzo blog post. But I can’t think of anything to talk about except the tram line stuff, and I’ve no great desire to do that. There is, however, one gleaming jewel shining forth among, and transcending, all that dull stuff.

I’ve finally found what I’ve been looking for all my life.

This has the gravitas of the Grail quest about it, but there would be no point trying to explain since it would be incomprehensible to all but those truly in the know – and there are only two of us. What might be of general interest is this:

Having found what I’ve been looking for all my life, I’m quite unable to take possession of it – yet. I can see it clearly enough, but only across a temporal and physical divide. I can engage with it up to a point, and even venerate it, but I can’t hold it in my hands – yet.

This is not a one life issue. One life is but a drop in the ocean of illusory time and so it causes no dismay, only the recognition of a bigger picture. I’m content with that.

Me? Content? Seems like it, and tomorrow I might even get back to normal.

And, by the way, this is my 2,500th post. A little milestone.

No comments: