Sunday 11 March 2012

Being a Doyen of Magnanimity.

I agreed with something the Archbishop of York said today. It concerned the case of two women who were sacked from their positions – one with the NHS and one with British Airways – because they wore a visible cross at work. They’re now taking their case to the European Court, and the British Government is opposing them.

Unlike Dr Sentamu, the said Archbishop, I’m no fan of either Christianity or the Christian Church, but I do agree with his opinion that the government is meddling in matters which are none of its concern. I think the government is doing far too much of that kind of thing these days.

Come to think of it, I agreed with something the Pope said the other day, too. My reasons were rather different than his, but if I can agree with something the Pope – of all people – says, it just goes to show what a magnanimous chap I am. So there.

No comments: