Tuesday 6 March 2012

All in the Mind.

As I was walking home along the lane tonight, I heard a distinct sound of movement behind me. I turned round and scanned the ditch and hedgerows with my torch, but saw nothing. And then, just as I was turning back to continue the walk, I remembered something. It’s always at that point in horror films when the Hideous Thing appears, having made its approach from the other direction.

I wish my brain didn’t work that way. It amuses me most of the time, but one day...

*  *  *

And then, as I was beginning the ascent of my garden path, a car came down the lane – a Mini. I wondered whether it was M’Lady S returning from an evening out with friends. It seems so long since I’ve seen her. She has a compelling presence, you know, which I miss.

*  *  *

I’m having difficulty making posts at the moment. Such lassitude has taken hold over the past few days. I assume it will be temporary.

No comments: