Thursday 29 March 2012

Sensing a Visit.

My old electric shower packed up nearly five years ago, which is why I have to take baths these days. I haven’t replaced it because I haven’t felt in a position to afford to do so, but here’s the odd thing.

For some time now I’ve been getting a persistent sense that there’s a visitor on the way. And visitors expect to take showers, don’t they? Besides, clean people (and I would hope that any visitor would be a clean person) also expect to bathe every day, and heating up enough water for a bath is a hell of a lot more expensive than running a shower for ten minutes.

So today I’ve been sussing out some prices. Depending on the reply to an e-mail query to the manufacturer of my old shower, it seems that I can get an equivalent replacement all fitted for about £75.

So what do I do? Trust my intuition? Probably.

No comments: