Friday 16 March 2012

So What About the Rest of Today?

My horoscope in the TV listings magazine (which I read about twice a year when I’m especially bored) said I’m on top form this week. Nothing stands in my way; every difficulty is seen as an opportunity for advancement. Sounds good, eh?

I think my mother must have got the dates mixed up when she told me what day I was born.

So then I heard myself having the following conversation with somebody:

‘I’m a fraud, you know.’

‘Why?’

‘I’m not human.’

‘In what way?’

‘I’m actually a formless alien being from somewhere on the other side of the galaxy, just occupying this body for a while.’

‘Aren’t we all?’

‘Are we? Oh, right. That’s good. If I stop pretending, will you?’

All sorted. Ah, but then dear old Blackadder has to jump in with a clip from one of his best scenes:

‘You’re not... er... mad, are you?’

‘Yes, I’m very mad, thank you.’

I think it could be one of those days.

2 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Sounds like my kind of conversation ;)

JJ said...

Maybe it was you I had it with...