Wednesday 7 March 2012

Being a Fraud.

OK, here’s something else to wonder about:

When you’ve asked the question ‘who am I?’ and you’ve dismissed the name and physical presence as being of little import in the general scheme of things, don’t you have to seriously doubt the wisdom of relating to anybody? If all you have left are the inner qualities, don’t you have to be sure that those qualities are true, consistent and not self-conflicting? Otherwise, don’t you become a fraud?

I feel like a fraud. I’d like to say ‘time will tell,’ but I think it might be too late for that. Priestesses not included.

Shopping and dentist next.

2 comments:

Bree T Donovan said...

I think the whole purpose of us being here is how we relate to one another. Too many do so on the superficial level for sure, but I do believe there are people, you & me included who try to be sensitive to what's going on not only inside us, but around us.

I don't think we are the same people from year to year. We grow, we change and we learn. If we're lucky, we are better people today than we were yesterday.

The only fraud is not believing that we are all connected, and what we do as individuals has tremendous impact.

If that makes any sense.

Maybe you should consider that you do indeed have several relationships that have consequence. It seems to me that having only one makes for a very small world.

Speaking of shopping, I was able to purchase some yummy carob coated malt balls!

Oh! And congrats on Gypsy Rover. I know how close that story is to your heart.

This was a long-ass comment!

JJ said...

I think it depends on what level of relationship we’re talking about – the shallow, the deep, or the universal. 1 and 3 are relatively easy, I think. It’s the deep, personal relationship that concerns me. It seems to me that when we engage with somebody deeply we’re inviting their trust, and so we ought to know ourselves well enough to be reasonably sure that there’s nothing in our inner being that will betray such trust. Being the complex creatures we are, that’s usually a tough order to fill, especially for those who are more complex than average.