Monday 12 March 2012

Being Commercially Naive.

OK, here’s one thing I would be quite happy to have the government meddle in:

It bugs me a bit when I see that line at the bottom of e-mails sent from smart phones that says ‘Sent from my iPhone’ or ‘Sent from my BlackBerry.’ If I had such a device, I would be a bit miffed that I was not only paying a fee for the phone and service, but also providing the company with free advertising into the bargain. So here’s what I think the government should do.

They should enact a law to the effect that the likes of Apple et al be banned from increasing their charges above the level of inflation, but offer the subscriber the option to opt out of their irritating little message. Those who don’t opt out should be given a discount to pay for the advertising.

Not much of a capitalist, am I?

No comments: