Sunday 25 March 2012

The Power of Three.

Some sights have to be seen to be appreciated; description won’t really do. Nevertheless, it’ll have to in this case because it’s all I have.

The western sky at twilight this evening showed me something I’ve never seen before. Venus, Jupiter and the new moon sat close together forming a triangle, long before the sky was dark enough for other stars to be visible. So startlingly brilliant were they that they might have been embroidered in silver silk on a magician’s royal blue gown. And they sat high, dominating even the petrol blue and hot orange of the sunset hugging the horizon. When I went out for my walk later, they’d sunk a little lower and occupied a dark space in the dark sky, holding court before the myriad lesser stars of the firmament.

And there they hung in splendid harmony, the three brightest bodies in the night sky: The Beautiful One, the Sage, and the Weaver of Dreams. A most compelling triumvirate, you must admit.

This has to bode something, doesn’t it? But what, and for whom, I have no idea. What I do know is that the current run of negative circumstances has had me in a troubled mood today, but seeing this magnificent threesome gave me quite a lift.

No comments: