Wednesday 14 March 2012

An Unfortunate Side Effect.

My good mate Melanie of Anthropomorphica is a bit of a whizz on proper medicine, and she suggested that some stuff called ashwaghanda night help with the chronic fatigue problem. Today I went into a health food shop and made enquiries. £15 for a small bottle of tablets, which sounded like a lot of money to me.

(I know it shouldn’t. I know I spend as much as that on scotch, which lasts about a quarter of the time the bottle of tablets would, but scotch is a known quantity; ashwaghanda isn’t – well, to me it isn’t. And I do have a rather strange set of priorities...)

So, instead of buying a bottle there and then, I let the woman in the shop give me a trade fact sheet to take away, and I just read it.

Hey, this stuff sounds good! I mean, really good. I was soon persuaded that it must become an indispensable addition to my medicines cabinet (that is, the two square inches in one corner of a food cupboard that currently contains a five-year-old pack of pain killers and the new jar of Tiger Balm. Medicines cabinet? Ha! This is JJ, remember?) So anyway, I was persuaded until I came to this bit:

Yet more studies have shown ashwaghanda to improve male libido...

Melanie, dearest friend and mischief maker, I don’t have a libido. I can’t afford one. What the hell would I do with it? Are you kidding me?

So should I take the risk? Answers on a postcard.

8 comments:

Anthropomorphica said...

Ha ha, but just think of all that creative energy! You just have to channel all the raw second chakra libibo and you'll be flying Mr B. It is good stuff though, but Chyawanprash is a good second choice without any erectile mischief hee hee ;)
http://ayurvedaplace.com/2011/02/28/new-old-secret-of-chyawanprash/
I know you can get it online http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/acatalog/Dabur-Chyawanprash.html

JJ said...

I know your game, Ms A. The eyes that shine like diamonds are plain for all to see. And is that just a hint of a black velvet band I see peeking above the scarf?

Anthropomorphica said...

"Are you suggesting I'm leading you to ruin?" she asked with her best butter wouldn't melt tone ;)

JJ said...

I seem to recall the phrase was 'the undoing of me.' It's that dark Irish primal power thing. Fearsome!

Shayna said...

I adore you two!!!!!!!

JJ said...

We adore you, too, Shay. We're still on for that picnic if and when the Mad Maid ever has enough money for two plane tickets.

Anthropomorphica said...

Yes we truly do, you are dear Shayna our very own Truly Scrumptious One!
Mad Maid, Jeffrey, is that another alter ego?

JJ said...

You're about the maddest maid I know, MELANIE.

Mad Mel, La Maid Beyond La Manche.