Thursday 22 March 2012

Two Little Oddities.

I said earlier that my blog is eerily deserted today. Well, so it has remained. According to all the stats trackers, it’s had only about 10% of the number of visitors it’s usually had by this time of the day. One expects a certain amount of fluctuation, but not by that much. And so I’m wondering whether there’s an accessibility problem going on. Google changed all the blogger addresses recently, changing the .com suffixes to country or regional ones. Mine is now.co.uk, and it would be typical of Google to make changes and leave a load of problems littering their wake.

So, if anybody’s had difficulty accessing my blog, would you please let me know whenever you can so that I can have a moan at Google. It won’t be the first time.

*  *  *

I was passed in Mill Lane tonight by a suspicious vehicle. It was an old Land Rover with an apparently open roof, because there was the head and torso of a person up above roof level and carrying a red lantern. It was travelling slowly and would stop every so often, at which point the roof sitter would shine the lantern around. This is the second time I’ve seen it, so what’s that all about?

No comments: