Sunday 6 January 2013

The Blanchett Magic.

If ever I manage to sit long enough to watch the Lord of the Rings film trilogy, there’s one actor I’m going to be following closely. I never realised before what an astonishing presence Cate Blanchett has.

I’ve been watching a lot of LOTR video clips on YouTube recently, and there are a couple of scenes in which Blanchett’s acting gives me an adrenalin rush every time I see it (which maybe I shouldn’t encourage given my present state of enervation, but a chap can’t forego all powerful experiences, can he?) She seems able to convey the most intense inner stillness, while having the eyes to convey a remarkable range of mood and intent. She reminds me of one of those pieces of music of which you never tire, and which send ripples up your spine every time you hear them.

No comments: