Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Trials of Waking.

I woke up a couple of mornings ago with a word knocking at the door of my brain. It was a word I’d used in a comment on somebody’s blog – I think – and it was the wrong word. I’d been guilty of a mindless malapropism. I decided that the next time I booted the computer, I would go and correct the error. I have enough ego left to want to be thought at least semi-literate.

Ever since then I’ve been unable to remember what the word is, so should I go searching through all the comments I’ve made on blogs lately in the hope of finding it? Can’t be bothered; I’ll stand the shame. Maybe somebody had a laugh and I did my good deed for the day.

*  *  *

I woke up this morning feeling disturbed. I'd just come out of a dream in which I was lying on an operating table fully conscious. I heard the surgeon say 'We''l do this one without anaesthetic to save complications.'

1 comment:

JJ said...

You're welcome. Thanks for leaving a comment.