Monday 7 January 2013

Bob and the Bad Guys.

For all his soulful, cynical meanderings and subversive attitudes, one of the things I most remember about Bob Dylan is a line that always used to amuse me as a teenager:

I ordered some suzette
I said ‘could you please make that crepe’

Oddly enough, I don’t remember which song it came from.

And that reminds me: My mother used to indulge in prophecy, with a modicum of success, and one of the things she prophesied when I was about sixteen was that one day I would meet Bob Dylan. Well, considering the fact that I already feel on the way out, and given that he has a fair few years on top of mine, it had better be soon.

*  *  *

And on a completely different note, did the Bad Guys in Black really say to Arwen ‘Give up the Halfling, she-elf!’ How very disrespectful of them; how very Saxon.  I’m so sorry they had no brain cells and got themselves unnecessarily drowned. Anyone who speaks to an elf lady in such a coarse manner deserves worse.

No comments: