Saturday 19 January 2013

Have Some More Rambles.

No more whinges about winter, eh? It’s becoming tiresome, right? Right. No more whinges about winter. (But may I just mention that the temperature in my kitchen tonight is 5°C. The recommended temperature range for fridges is 2-5°C, which officially makes my kitchen a very big fridge.)

*  *  *

Mel said to me tonight:

‘All experience is neutral. It’s only the construction we put on it that defines it as good or bad.’

This is a glass half full/ half empty thing, right? I agree. So if you get leprosy, you should see it as a damn fine way of losing weight without recourse to diet or exercise. Got it.

*  *  *

My probable Irish ancestry just came up with a poem in order to demonstrate that we Irish make very good poets – which is much better than eating them like we used to.

There was a lady from Bangkok
Who kept a rabbit down her frock
Upon the hour
Come sun or shower
It popped up like a cuckoo clock

No comments: