Thursday 3 January 2013

Nondescript.

I’m struggling to make a post tonight. Wednesday is usually quite a good day because something moderately funny or interesting usually happens in Ashbourne when I do my weekly shop. Not so today. ’Twas a Dull Day in Ashbourne this Wednesday 2nd January. (January 2nd is an odd date, isn’t it? It’s one of those nondescript dates, like February 19th or August 5th. I swear nobody has birthdays on dates like that. It just wouldn’t be right. The one noteworthy fact about January 2nd is that it’s the first day in the run up to next year’s New Years Day, so maybe I do it an injustice. Maybe January 2nd is really in a league of its own when compared with February 19th or August 5th.)

So anyway, Ashbourne…

I suppose it might be worth mentioning that I complained to a Sainsbury’s supervisor about the state of their bread, and ended up being told a true ghost story. How we got from one to the other wouldn’t be worth the time it would take to explain, although it was interesting to learn that her brother David seems to have the same problem as me. Ghosts follow him around.

And then there’s the fact that my body shape appears to be going through some implausible changes. About a month ago I used the height/weight machine in Boots the Chemist. It said I was 5ft 6 ½ tall, which I haven’t been since I was about twelve, and that I weighed 11st 10, which is disturbingly heavy. I tried it again today. This time it gave my height as 5ft 8, which is what I’ve been since I was about fourteen, and that I weighed 11st dead, which, when allowance is made for clothing, is only marginally on the high side of perfect.

So, having done my posting duty, however tediously, I’m now going to find some music on YouTube.

I just had a thought: I had two visits from Brooklyn today. Visits from Brooklyn are special, so change the title to 'Mostly Nondescript.'

No comments: