Tuesday 29 January 2013

Gain and Loss.

To those who might be interested, I can report that the car is now free and the garage non-existent. The builders came and demolished it today. The car appears to have escaped lightly, having apparently suffered only a few minor bits of cosmetic damage. As for the garage…

I liked my garage. It was a hobbity sort of garage – old, made of wood, and heavily attired in ivy. It also made the garden private, hiding about half of it from the eyes of Shire folk and strangers alike. I like privacy; it’s back to that old ‘pollution at the interface’ thing. So I miss it. I do.

Life giveth and life taketh away. I no longer feel trapped, but I’ve lost some privacy. I used to enjoy both, but life is rarely that kind for very long. The constant state of flux is one of her few reliable attributes.

No comments: