Thursday 24 January 2013

Cabin Fever.

The Shire seemed bleaker than ever tonight. Snow is still lying thick, and so there are no animals around. The pub was in darkness even though it’s Wednesday, I haven’t seen or heard a vehicle on the road since tea time, and the air has a spiteful, incisive chill to it.

*  *  *

Do you know what’s odd? The fan heater in my office is quite loud when it’s working, and I keep hearing a woman’s voice singing among the noise of the fan. And what’s even odder is that it only happens after midnight.

Maybe it’s that naked young woman I keep seeing in my bathroom. She’d be a welcome sight if only she didn’t display an unfortunate habit of turning into an old crone every time she gets close. Or maybe it’s the twins; they’re creepy enough. I’ve tried talking to them, but they never answer. They just stare at me.

All work and no play makes Jeff a dull boy.


All work and no play makes Jeff a dull boy.


All work and no play makes Jeff a dull boy.

Must remember to mend that door panel tomorrow.

3 comments:

andrea kiss said...

:D haha!

Anonymous said...

REDRUM REDRUM.

JJ said...

The post was a joke; today could have been redrumish.