Friday 4 January 2013

A Note on the Journey.

I was made aware tonight that my life has been all a bit archetypical. I’ve spent it searching for the Grail, you see, and where it’s mostly taken me has been along lots of tracks passing through various levels of hell, all of which have been populated by demons which have been impossible to defeat. Nevertheless, I’ve always survived (by the skin of my teeth on one occasion) and come out the other side having been, or having become, useful to somebody.

I say this without the slightest trace of ego or self-approbation. They were mostly entered unwittingly and prosecuted reluctantly, and although a certain sort of strength must have been in evidence, I cannot honestly make any claim for the quality of courage. They all just happened. What I do find interesting is that I haven’t really had a life at all; I’ve just been an archetype, largely disconnected from the usual terms of non-archetypical engagement.

And the real irony is that I now see a vision ahead of me which is almost certainly the Grail, but which I probably no longer have the strength to lift and is too distant anyway. Makes me wonder why I bothered. (Because it was there?)

So should I continue with this journey of mine? Well, of course; it’s seems there’s still work to be done and it passes the time.

(You wouldn’t believe how many reasons I have to go to New York.) 

No comments: