Thursday 3 January 2013

Another Late Night.

I got very angry tonight. I railed at the sheep of The Shire.

I grow ever more tired of the world our politicians promote as they prate of political and economic exigencies, too immature even to see, let alone value, the magic to which the human spirit may aspire. I should tell myself over and over again until I believe it:

I must live in my own world

I must live in my own world

I must live in my own world

And who will understand that world but me? It doesn’t matter, does it? That’s the point. So call me weird, or drunk, or both.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we must all live in our own worlds. May I recommend a book? 'Biocentrism-How Life and Consciousness are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe' by Robert Lanza. I think you'd find it interesting and, in some ways, comforting. And Happy New Year by the way. You matter to us!
MM

JJ said...

MM, I thought you'd gone off me. I thought I'd become persona non grata. (Your daughter will correct my spelling, no doubt.) Yet here you are bringing a lump to my throat. (We Brits do our best to avoid the watery stuff, you know.)

You're a bit spectacular, you know? I'll check out the book. Thank you. And a very Happy New Year to you and all your family (especially Mr Dog. He's my favourite. I'm a confirmed dog man.)

Anonymous said...

Ah no, not spectacular! And not gone off you, just too lazy/tired to comment. Or, I write a comment and delete it. I don't have a way with words like some people :)

JJ said...

For me, MM, what's important about words isn't that they be fancy or fulsome, but frank. That way I get a better sense of their meaning and the nature of the person writing them. I reckon you're OK. Is that better?

Anonymous said...

All is good, as we say in NY, even though it's ungrammatical. Or, I'm OK, you're OK.
MM

JJ said...

But do you call people 'y'all?'