Monday 21 January 2013

Clan Blackbird and Universal Consciousness.

The friendliest birds in my garden at the moment are the female blackbirds. When I go out with food – and even sometimes when I go out empty handed – they hang around me, or follow me, or hop ahead of me. I greet them all by name, which is easy because they’re all called Mrs B. (How on earth they organise their mail deliveries is beyond me. I wonder the same about the women who live west of the Seven Sisters in the Scottish Highland, who are all called Mrs McCrae.)

So, today I hitched up the huskies and took the trusty sled to the retail park on the edge of Uttoxeter. And guess what. I was walking between the place where I get cheap coffee and the place where I get cheap oats, and there was a female blackbird behaving just the same as the ones do in my garden. ‘Hello, Mrs B,’ I said, and I swear she answered me.

I wonder whether universal consciousness is at work here. All female blackbirds the world over are friends with JJ, because JJ comes bearing food. What a nice idea.

No comments: