Tuesday 22 January 2013

Present Condition.

Fading fast…

The coincidence of surnames ending in –ng just provoked another silly ditty in the ‘There was a lady…’ series:

There was a lady from Hong Kong
Whose husband’s name was Willy Wong
‘Your name I like,’
Said dear old Spike.
‘It’s just what made the cows go bong.’

It helps if you’re aware of the song.

*  *  *

… and no-win situations.

Shall I tell you what’s annoying? The heating in my office doesn’t quite cope with sub-zero nights, so I have a fan heater in here to supplement it. However, I do try not to turn it on until late because heat’s expensive, you know? Instead, I don my woollen jacket and make a hot cup of tea to help convince me that I’m not as cold as I think I am. So off I go into the kitchen, which – as previously stated – is just a big fridge in the winter, and I get even further chilled. I come back bearing my large mug of the steaming beverage and re-take my place at the computer, only to find that the bloody seat’s gone cold while I was away! How many things are there more uncomfortable than sitting on a cold seat? Not many.

No comments: