Saturday 14 July 2012

Being a Corinthian.

I used to think that being the best at something was important. I don’t any more, which is why I have little interest in the London Olympics.

I don’t begrudge the athletes their successes; if it makes them happy, I’m happy that it does. It’s just that I’ve reached a point where, for me, what needs conquering are the odds and my personal inadequacies, not another person. Somebody once told me that my attitude is known as the Corinthian Ideal. I never bothered to verify the fact, but maybe it is, and maybe I should go to Corinth.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Same here. I've never been a competitive person and i think some people find that odd when it comes to certain things.

JJ said...

Meet me in Corinth, then. Next Tuesday at noon? (Must find out where Corinth is.)