Saturday 14 July 2012

Power Behind the Throne.

I just went up to the village hall to see what the Dovelands Good Companions Annual Summer Fair was all about. I had my suspicions, and they proved correct. The hall was full of old ladies, mostly with cauliflower hair styles (with credit to Melanie’s sister for the joke.)

Running the show with practiced ease was my landlord’s wife, the next best thing to the Lady of the Manor in these parts. The female halves of the landed gentry traditionally take a leading role (often the leading role) in the organisation of social events in rural areas. They’re generally a strong and capable breed, and often the only thing their husbands are frightened of.

7 comments:

Enchanted Earth Handcrafted Felt said...

Carly will be most please you coined her turn of phrase!

Anthropomorphica said...

)ops! that was my old pseudonym ;)

JJ said...

Thanks, Mel. I was getting a bit confused there. On Blogger since 2008 but no posts.

Anthropomorphica said...

I know! What a flake!!!!!

JJ said...

Nice shaman thing, though.

Anthropomorphica said...

What my dear JJ, Enchanted Earth? I'll have to send you some pics of my felts....

JJ said...

How did you manage to drop onto my blog at the same time as I was booting up the computer?