Wednesday 18 July 2012

So it Continues.

Just to round off yesterday’s Day of Troubles, my internet went down at 12.30. All due to routine BT maintenance between midnight and 6am, apparently. There was nothing for it but to sulk a lot and go to bed early.

I booted up at 10.30 this morning and it was still off, so I called the ISP. ‘Turn the power to the router off for thirty seconds,’ said the technician. I crawled under the desk to pull the plug, since that’s the easiest way. Unfortunately, the adaptor box came out and that turned the phone off as well, cutting me off from the technician. No matter; it worked.

Now all I have to do is take the computer into the repair place to see whether they can fix the booting problem...

... and if thou hear never more of me, pray for my soul
~ Le Morte d’Arthur.

No comments: