Sunday 22 July 2012

An Untypical Priority.

I just worked out why things like car and computer problems cause me unduly high levels of stress. I lack the space in my mind to deal with them.

I have the kind of mind (rather pointlessly, you might argue) that needs constantly to explore the unfathomable. I want to know where I came from, what comes next, what ‘I’ means, whether there are other forms of reality and, if so, what place the material one has in the spectrum of realities. And even within the perceived level of mundane reality, I want to know what drives natural forces and the human condition – and that goes beyond just the biological drives.

In order to do that I need a reliable base. I need a comfortable, settled living environment and tools I can trust to work. To offer a simple analogy:

If you’re walking along a road in a mountain range, how do you observe the hills, the woods, the rivers and the wildlife if you’re constantly having to stop to mend the freggin’ road?

No comments: