Tuesday 31 July 2012

Late Notes.

My not-so-old computer is due to take early retirement tomorrow and be replaced by a freshly fledged whipper-snapper loaded with Windows 7. If the new guy doesn’t zip along flawlessly like Michael Flatley on an ego trip, I will be more than a little displeased. Since the old machine has to go in to have the files, settings etc transferred, I can’t say when the next post will make an appearance.

*  *  *

When I went to bed last night, I was mindful of the possibility that bats would be active in the loft. As I turned over to go to sleep, I heard vague sounds that could have been scratchings or tappings or something. Oh, no! But then I realised it was only my stomach rumbling. I went to sleep.

*  *  *

My vote for the best named album ever would have to go to Christy Moore’s effort Smoke and Strong Whiskey.

*  *  *

I would like to know somebody called Aisling before I die, but it would have to be a woman.

No comments: