Thursday 26 July 2012

Credit Where it's Due.

My Feedjit is playing up. It keeps recording my own site visits, even though it didn’t used to and I’ve told it to stop.

I love my Feedjit, I really do. That’s because it gives the sort of information that enables me to recognise certain callers. So, for example, if I see:

US...Chrome...Mac...Direct...Chicago, Illinois arrived...

I know it’s Zoe (from New York, oddly, but nothing’s perfect) popping her head around the door. What that means is that Feedjit doesn’t just give statistics. Those statistics become familiar in some cases and turn into pictures. And that’s rather good, don’t you think?

So, I sent an enquiry to the Feedjit contact address. Since my Feedjit is one of the freebie ones, I didn’t expect a reply. I mean, you don’t get replies from the likes of Hotmail and Google, do you? At best you’re likely to get referred to a forum where some self-styled expert misunderstands your question or point and answers a different one.

But – surprise, surprise – a little over a day after I’d made the enquiry, I got a reply from a real, human lady called Kerry Boyte (presumably of Seattle, but I can’t know that.) What’s more, dear Kerry was even prepared to engage in an e-mail conversation in an attempt to find a solution.

In a world dominated by corporate greed and obsessed with the pre-eminence of profit, such a human touch is rare and has to be commended. So thank you Feedjit, and thank you Kerry Boyte. You have impressed JJ the Cynic.

No comments: