Saturday 14 July 2012

Rambles.

I just read a statement from Barclay’s Bank. (They’re the folks who got into trouble recently for manipulating the libor rate.) Their standard of written English really isn’t very good. I can’t be bothered to give examples, but wouldn’t you think that an organisation worth billions of pounds would employ a decent script writer? And what the statement seems to come down to is ‘If you think we’re bad, wait until you see what the others have been getting up to.’ I wonder whether I could make a financial killing by designing a mattress with a money pouch.

*  *  *

Do you want to know why reclusive people often become fretful and curmudgeonly? It’s because we lack the tram line deflection devices.

*  *  *

I’m having difficulty getting a local electrician, which is why one of the kitchen cupboards still hasn’t got a door on it.

*  *  *

I was looking at the world map in my Google stats and thought how untidy the northern US border looks. Why don’t they drain those lakes, get rid of the wildlife, straighten the line, and give the spare land to Donald Trump so he can build a big golf course?

No comments: