Monday 27 June 2011

The Wrong Time of Day.

It's the wrong time of day, Gromit!

I’m usually anything but soppy at this time of day (just past lunchtime and about to brave the heat and do some gardening.) But, ever one to go with the mood of the moment however untypical, I have to say this:

I’m being haunted by a far off spirit of loveliness.

Essentially ephemeral, determinedly mysterious, unintentionally exotic.

It lingers on the low spring tide, calling the senses to longing and to lassitude.

It’s a bugger being a Romantic, you know. It really is.

Right, the battery pack for the hedge trimmer should be fully charged by now. Off to give some overgrowth a hair cut. Back later.

2 comments:

Maria Sondule said...

Gromit infects people with the feeling of loveliness. Although, maybe you need to be infected before watching him, because otherwise you would not get into the spirit of the movie and enjoy it. It's so much easier to bring someone down than to bring someone up, you know?

JJ said...

Apart from the last sentence, I agree. I love Gromit. He reminds me of Helen - same eye roll and shake of the head.

The last sentence has me wondering quite what you mean by it.

The rest of the post was written for a real person, someone who likes words. And it's ALL TRUE.