Monday 13 June 2011

A Message to You Lot.

I watched a bit of a TV magazine programme this evening while waiting for the weather forecast. I love watching programmes like that occasionally. They vindicate my alienation. Everything and everybody featured was grey and boring; they were all doing and saying grey, boring things. And it occurred to me that the only way some people know how to avoid being grey and boring is to be cheap. So, when I encounter a person who is neither grey, boring, nor cheap, I value them greatly. That applies to a few of you lot out there. Nice to know you.

Yes, I know that terms like ‘grey,’ boring’ and ‘cheap’ are subjective. Not to me, they’re not. I’m the subject. What can I believe in if not my own truth?

2 comments:

Zz... said...

lol i am so superficial...my first thought was...dye you can dye the grey away!!!

p.s i have resigned myself to REALLY OLD MEN...young ones are just not worth time of day...and no matter how good the looks are they don't CAN'T CUT IT...see i'm not SUPERFICIAL enough to function in normal society... :P

JJ said...

Well, you were one of the people I was addressing, Z. Do you know, over here the value of pensioners' opinion is referred to as 'grey power.' God, how I hate that expression! (Not that I'm a pensioner yet, you understand, but I'm getting there.) I feel a post coming on.