Friday 17 June 2011

Two Unfunny Jokes.

I wanted to tell some jokes tonight, but I could only think of two:

1) Me.

2) The notion that a dating agency could find me the ‘right’ woman.

I hate the word ‘singles,’ like we’re some sort of commodity – which I suppose we are to a dating agency. I never could do pragmatism in such matters; it’s second only to indifference.

And if I thought you were interested, I’d tell you how I decided to accommodate The Fire. But you probably aren’t, so I won’t. I’ll get on with my beer and listen to Deva Premal instead.

The radar went ‘ping.’

2 comments:

james White said...

I would have to agree dating agencies might not be able to find you the right women but that is a big ask. what dating agencies can do is increase your chance of finding miss right.

JJ said...

Thanks for the comment, James, and I daresay you're right. Just not in my case; I'm weird. I really don't think there's any 'Miss Right' for the likes of me.