Tuesday 21 June 2011

The Daily Non-Post.

I’ve developed an odd habit lately. Every night I spend about the last half hour before going to bed musing on and writing a blog post. And then I delete it unposted. Last night’s read something like:

‘There are two sorts of people in your orbit. There are those who expect you to be what they think you are, and there are those who expect you to be what they want you to be. Being yourself risks losing both.’

Even after a beer and several scotches, I knew that things aren’t quite that simple. And I was also troubled by the realisation that my objective and subjective views of the statement were different. That produced both uncertainty and the awareness of a potentially dangerous complication. So, as usual, it didn’t get posted. That sort of thing has been happening nearly every night for about two weeks now.

I could do with finding a better outlet for my late night energies, couldn't I?

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

I do that a lot. Write posts and then delete them or just save them as drafts and never post them. They're usually good entries, too, but for some reason i've always been more shy about sharing my better stuff. I'm too private. I guess i can blame that on both my sun and moon being in Scorpio.

JJ said...

I don't seem to be private at all, Andrea. Just look at some of the stuff I write! Maybe that's because I only have Scorpio rising.