Sunday 26 June 2011

Fixing Things.

Nearly every piece of equipment I’ve got has malfunctioned recently, and the latest example is the fan heater in the bathroom. It started cutting out a few minutes after being switched on, and since it doesn’t have a thermostat I assumed it must be overheating. So today I took it apart and cleaned up the fan, ventilation grills etc. I also made sure that all the internal contacts were secure while I was at it. I used it tonight and it doesn’t cut out any more. Better still, a problem it’s had ever since it was new is fixed as well. Good, eh?

But, here’s the best bit:

Remember me saying in a recent post that I caught sight of my body in the bathroom mirror and didn’t much like what I saw? It occurred to me that I might as well give up my daily exercise routine, since it was only fuelling a foolish delusion. I didn’t; I stepped it up instead. And guess what? I caught sight of the old bod in the mirror again tonight, and it looks like it did twenty years ago.

Wheee?

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Yay! Congratulations! Right now i'm missing my old body and looking forward to having it back to myself! Even though i love feeling this baby moving around it is starting to get annoying sometimes. Like when he wakes me up at night or pushes his feet, or whatever it is, up around my ribs.

I'm looking forward to being able to start exercising again...

JJ said...

That's very sweet, Andrea. I expect he's restless. Wouldn't you be?