Wednesday 22 June 2011

Lightening Up.

It still weighs heavy that I can’t share my corner of Avalon with the person most likely to appreciate it, but never mind. The sky must be lightening a little because I’ve started to make silly noises with stubby beer bottles again. Squeaky ones. The sort that make little boys like me giggle foolishly. And I’ve even made a stab at writing a second rate limerick, since ZZ complained that I don’t do it any more.

There was an old man from Capri
Who went for a sail on the sea.
He’d just come about
When his dentures fell out
And bit him quite hard on the knee.

So now it’s that time of night when I write a deep and meaningful blog post, and then delete it.

2 comments:

Zz... said...

hee hee i like it! sorry i am so worn out i'm just peeping at your post from my cave. i wrote you a snail mail but i think it is too boring/embarrassing/out of date i doubt i'll send it. LOL, I have STANDARDS! :)

JJ said...

Maybe it's the time of year - the long dark nights. I have the opposite problem up here. I have to go to bed earlier than I want to so it isn't getting light. I know you have standards. Jolly good, too.