Monday 13 June 2011

Coming Back to Life - Hopefully.

If anybody is still with me after the Big Confession, you might be interested to know that I’ve had twenty seven hours sleep over the last three nights and I think the fever has finally broken. It seems like an awfully long time.

This morning I found my mind almost obsessively making comparisons between different immigrant-based cultures – those bits of the globe we call the New World. In particular, I found it interesting to compare the images of themselves presented by America and Australia. I think it might be premature and ill-advised to offer any conclusions here, except to say that it seemed largely to come down to a matter of dimensions and values.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

On with the day.

2 comments:

Della said...

Sleep can make all the difference. It does for me, and I always forget, until the next time.

JJ said...

You and me both, D. I'll bet we'd have some good conversations.