Thursday 9 June 2011

Some Feedback, If You Would.

Some people might remember a post I made once about the difference in the colour of my blog background on different monitors. I thought I could get over the problem by using only greyscale, but apparently not. When I was out today I went into the library and checked my blog from one of their public computers. What I found was:

1) The background of my blog is set at very dark grey, and that’s how it appears on my monitor. The library computer made it a sickly, lightish grey-brown. It looked dreadful. This is way beyond the normal variation from one monitor to another.

2) All the photographs were washed out – too light and lacking contrast.

3) Nearly every post had a grey rectangle above the text, with a ‘play’ button in the middle. I had some of those appear when I was using Explorer recently during Blogger’s troubles.

I find this a bit disturbing, and I would be grateful to have some feedback. I would like to know whether the background is a very dark grey – almost black – whether the photographs have well saturated colour and good contrast, and whether any of those grey rectangles appear. It would also help to know what browser you’re using. Thanks.

3 comments:

andrea kiss said...

I'm using Firefox on a fairly new MacBook and the background is a medium gray. Not dark but not light. Your header looks nice as well. When i was getting on Blogger from an older desktop with Explorer at work i would sometimes see the box with the play button. I thought that was weird.

Della said...

Hi Jeff,
I also use Firefox (3.6.17, thus not the latest version) and your background is medium/light grey, not quite sickly but certainly not dark. Your header photograph is full of lovely oranges and pinks but could do with higher contrast (if you want to be picky). Your other small photos look fine to me. There are no grey rectangles above the post texts – that is just unacceptable :) and is probably due to your public library using an outdated browser.

JJ said...

A and D: Thanks.

This is annoying because I'm so picky about colours being just right. Maybe I'll try black and see whether that works. I mean, black should be black, shouldn't it?

And I'm beginning to think the grey rectangles are something to do with old versions of Explorer. Not much I can do about that, is there?