Tuesday 21 June 2011

See Kiev and Die.

I want to go to Kiev. I had my first (as far as I know) visitor from Kiev today. I always thought the name grand and noble with just a hint of Slavic mystery about it. The Great Gates of Kiev. I wonder whether they’re still standing.

So then I had a look at the post which the person from Kiev had accessed. I had trouble understanding it, so heaven knows what sort of an impression the poor Ukrainian went away with. I’ll bet he or she has never had a yen to travel to Ashbourne. As far as I know, the only gate on the outskirts of Ashbourne is the one that accesses the footpath to Sainsbury’s car park. Nothing grand and noble with just a hint of Anglo-Saxon mystery there.

And talking of things Russian, I think I’ve got a low level dose of toska tonight. It’s all these American women beating me up.

And talking of women, I caught sight of my body in the big bathroom mirror when I was changing my wet clothes. Good heavens! No more women for me in this life, I think.

(This is the point at which you’re supposed to earn your brownie points by making a nice, encouraging comment. It’s all in the script.)

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! It is not the package but what is inside that really matters.

~ Did I earn my brownie points? ~

JJ said...

Thank you Jeanne, do have lots of brownie points to add to your collection.

Pity that a beholder would have to be a bit odd see any beauty in this direction, though. Outside or in.