Sunday 12 June 2011

Shifting the Emphasis.

I was sitting at my garden table with a cup of tea this afternoon when a young wild rabbit came running towards me along the path in front of the house. He stopped about six feet away and I told him what a handsome fellow he was. He continued to sit there for a few minutes and then ambled away again. A fox did something similar in a park the other day, and a female chaffinch has taken to coming onto my table and pecking the crumbs.

It seems to be a feature of my life these days that animals pay me far more attention than people do. I wonder why...

Of course, the little rabbit might have been a lady. That would have pleased me even more because it would have been another connection with Aine and the novel. I think my reality is slowly shifting.

No comments: