Wednesday 15 June 2011

Impatience.

Let’s suppose you were born impatient. It’s a fundamental part of your make up and it doesn’t diminish with the years. And let’s suppose there’s something you want rather badly, but you’re not getting it. What do you do?

1) Live with the impatience, which is a most irritating sensation.

2) Instinctively move to a position of not wanting it any more.

3) Attempt to follow the road proposed by several eastern doctrines and learn not to want things at all.

The easiest is undoubtedly number 2, but that doesn’t make it the right one, does it?

4 comments:

andrea kiss said...

I'm extremely impatient. #2 is what i'd choose as well. I'm also somewhat of an instant gratification person. Waiting 40 weeks for a baby has been the biggest test of my patience.

Nuutj said...

I choose #2. I have given up having baby after 6 artificial insamination attempts too.

Zz... said...

lol i have a different approach i find something else interesting to distract with. perhaps this is why i get nowhere, lol...

JJ said...

Andrea and Mei-shan: Shame on you. No 2 is the one I've always relied on, but you were supposed to tell me I'm wrong!

ZZ: But suppose the thing you want at the moment is itself the distraction from the OTHER thing you wanted but couldn't have.