Sunday 19 June 2011

Riding the Big Dipper.

Life is a rollercoaster. Tired old cliché, I know. Where it gets interesting is when I realise that even my madness has its very own rollercoaster. High madness, low madness. Whacky madness, destructive madness. Light madness, heavy madness. Wise madness, foolish madness.

‘Madness’ is one of those words that sound sillier and more abstract the more you say them. It’s indefinable, too.

Rollercoasters within rollercoasters. Who would have thought it?

An ad on my Hotmail home page asks whether I dream of working in the city. Another asks whether I can afford a Jaguar. And an MSN headline poses the profound question 'Does your phone make you ugly?' What? Three good reasons to welcome a healthy madness, I'd say.

2 comments:

Nuutj said...

I wonder what kind of person who cares whether phone makes them ugly. They must be exhausted and miserable all the time. How pathetic....

JJ said...

Actually, Me-shan, I'm still trying to work out how a phone can make you ugly. It's all beyond me.