Thursday 30 June 2011

A Time for Nothing.

No late silliness or reflection from me tonight. The combination of last night’s fireworks spectacular and a two-day dearth of sleep has left me weary, so I’m heading for an early night.

I will just say, though, that I wish I knew what the hell is going on in my life at the moment. I really don’t, you know. It’s all mysterious, coincidental connections, poorly defined prospects, great gains, equally great losses, false dawns, malfunctions and sudden calls to action of one sort or another. Things seem to be moving about all over the place, and yet a sense of being in limbo predominates. Nothing appears to be moving forward – at least, not yet. Things start, and then falter. Maybe it will all become clear in due course. For now, I’m bemused. The motto for the moment seems to be:

Prepare for nothing. Anticipate nothing. Expect nothing. Nothing is almost certainly what you’ll get, but you never know.

No comments: