Sunday 12 June 2011

Power and the Priestess.

 Sorry if this is going to sound a bit cryptic, but I want to say it anyway.

I was reminded again today that the priestess still has the means to find the chink in my armour. It’s called the Blogger Dashboard. Through it she can still summon the demon to come and claw at the wound that I thought was healing nicely. I’ll survive, of course.

On a more mundane – though oddly related – level, I was also reminded just how much we’ve come to rely on electricity in the modern world. The power was off for several hours today, and it still takes me by surprise to realise just how many things I take for granted and can’t do when the power’s off. And it goes a subtle shade further than realising how much we rely on electricity. It makes you aware of the fact that we’ve built a whole lifestyle around the provision of just one resource.

But here’s the irony, the connection between the two. No power: no computer: no demon. Life’s an interesting business sometimes, isn’t it?

Did I say life? Ah, that’s another subject entirely – though oddly related to the two above. Everything is so damn weird and yet seemingly connected these days.

No comments: