Wednesday 29 June 2011

Being Denied Company.

My dear old demon cropped up in an e-mail again tonight. Do you realise what having that creature in my life means? It means, as near as makes no difference, that the only love I can expect to be afforded is the platonic variety. That’s a heavy cross for a Romantic to bear.

It also occurs to me that I’ll probably die alone, but that’s OK. Dying is one thing I don’t mind doing alone.

I wrote most of this over an hour ago, but then I got sidetracked by the most spectacular fireworks display. One of the most beautiful things I’ve ever experienced.

2 comments:

andrea kiss said...

Why do you think that you'll die alone or never have another love that isn't purely platonic? You don't really have to answer that question, i'm sure its personal. Really i just mean to say that i'm sure that if you're open and your heart is open to finding a special someone and being in love that love will find its way to you and you to it. You can make some one very happy, i'm sure.

JJ said...

There are lots of angles on it, Andrea. But there is a demon, and he does feed voraciously on romantic attachments. It's unlikely I would find a woman who could accomodate him. What you say is a nice thought, though, so you never know.